Diablo Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Statistics
We have 29 registered users
The newest registered user is The Real Taco

Our users have posted a total of 38 messages in 18 subjects

[Staff] What is expected

Go down

[Staff] What is expected Empty [Staff] What is expected

Post by Jesus Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:04 pm

Here's a simple list of things I expect from EVERY one of my staff members. No matter how close of a friend you are to me.

Obviously this is a "game", but I like to be as professional as possible when it comes to using in-game powers or taking care of any rule breakers.

- If somebody does break a rule, I ALWAYS expect you to be "professional" and not insult them for doing so. Even if it was RDM directed towards you, I will NOT allow any disrespect towards anybody that may break a rule.

- If somebody insults you or disrespects you in any way, you don't argue with them or insult them back, you may be strict, but no insults.

- If you have any questions about ANYTHING server related, feel free to message me whenever you want. Don't be afraid to "bother" me. I wont mind.

- If somebody claims RDM, there are no exceptions. I count on any online staff to handle the situation. Set aside any fun you may be having and handle it.

- If somebody asks a question about the rules or simply about the server, answer what you know. Obviously you should know the rules yourself, but there may be times where you're unclear as well. That's when you either ask another staff member for the answer, or simply ask me.

- After the round ends, I expect you to sometimes skim through the logs a bit looking for any RDM. No, I don't always expect you to find it that way, but I expect you to care to handle any RDM that may occur. Rather it was reported or not.

- No misusing your powers to slay or ban. Obviously this really hasn't been a problem in the past, but I mention it mostly for those who slay post-round for fun.

- No spamming commands such as "slap". Imagine joining a server and one of the things you see is a staff member abusing their powers like that. What would come to mind and why would you stay? Obviously my staff are hand picked and I can trust you all, but they don't know you like our general members. This also WILL apply to when you think there are no new players on. This expectation will always be in effect.

- After you slay somebody for RDM, you need to tell them the reason why either in chat or by voice. Otherwise they may not know why and probably wont learn from it. It can also lead to many verbal conflicts.

There has been a lack of a lot of staff duties for quite some time now. It's partially my fault for not stepping in sooner and taking action, but I really shouldn't of had to.

Here are a couple things I've been noticing:

- Overall, i'm a pretty laid back guy who just likes to have fun with friends and any new players, but I've noticed people try and take advantage of that. Probably due to the fact that i'm usually pretty nice about a lot of things. Sometimes you'll see me get upset with you or somebody else, which is really rare, but I still am the Owner. I don't like to be treated like a god (get it?), but I expect you to respect what I say and do as I say. When it comes to the server, what I say goes. I'm never gonna be in your face about me being Owner, but if you continue to ignore the fact that I am, I will take actions to put an end to that idea.

- RDMS only being handled when you, the Moderator or Admin are affected by it.

- Hate towards other players because you simply don't like them very much. It's understandable that you aren't always gonna like everybody who joins and I don't expect you to be their friend, but I don't want you to insult them or talk down to them. Like one of my expectations above, even when they break a rule.

- Like stated in my expectations, the misuse of powers has been happening more and more lately.

Failure to meet these expectations will result in a demotion.
Jesus
Jesus
Admin

https://diablogaming.all-up.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum